SHAHV Memberships will now run one year from the date a member signs up and will no longer follow the calendar year format (Jan – Dec). For example, a member who signs up/renews on October 9th, 2018 will remain active through October 9th, 2019.
- Discounts on SHAHV sponsored opportunities for continuing education for N.Y.S. contact hours and ASHA CEUs.
- SHAHV newsletters containing valuable information.
- Develop contacts within the local SLP and Audiology community.
- Keep up-to-date on important issues and legislative action in the fields of speech- language pathology and audiology.
- Being listed in the SHAHV membership directory.
- Gain new therapy and assessment ideas from colleagues.
- Provide an opportunity to expand your professional development by becoming an active member of a professional association.
- Representation on the Board of Regional Association Presidents.
- Meeting great people.
- AND MUCH MORE!!!!!
Types of Membership
A speech-language pathologist or audiologist who has completed his/her schooling and may be currently working in these fields. As of 1/1/14, the dues are $35 annually. Our membership year runs one year from the date a member signs up.
Lifetime members shall be at least 65 years of age and shall have held membership in SHAHV for at least 15 years. To receive life membership, eligible regular members must submit a request to the Executive Board. Annual dues will be waived for life upon the granting of life membership.
An undergraduate or graduate student in the areas of speech-language pathology or audiology currently enrolled in a program. Proof of enrollment is required. The dues are $10 annually. Our membership year runs one year from the date a member signs up.
Associate members are individuals who neither hold the minimum educational requirement of a graduate degree with a major emphasis in speech-language pathology, audiology, or speech-language and hearing science, nor are currently conducting research in communicative disorders. Associate Members may serve on committees of the Association pursuant to the requirements of those committee assignments.